I’m an odd duck. I happen to love vegetables. I could live off of them. Oh wait, I do live off of them!
Being a vegetarian (and more recently, vegan), I kind of have to love my veggies. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t have much to eat. Some people think that being a vegetarian means to give up all things tasty and wonderful. Well, that is simply not true. In fact, my first recipe I’m posting is nothing but veggies! And you’re going to try it and love it. If you don’t, then I’m obviously a liar and you obviously need your taste buds checked 😉
Almost Too Pretty To Eat Baked Vegetables
- 3 to 4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into 1/2 inch florets
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 5 cups bok choy, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 3 stalks of asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 ½ Tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup low sodium tamari (look for one labeled gluten-free)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- High quality sea salt (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together all of the vegetables and rosemary, and place in a glass ovenproof casserole dish with a lid. In a separate bowl, mix together the tamari and coconut, then pour over the vegetables. Cover and bake in the oven for about 55 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.