I’ll admit, I’m on a bit of a coconut kick. I adore coconut flavored anything! And macaroons, are no exception. These bad boys are not only delish little treats, but they also give you great energy!
Vegan Coconut/Apricot Macaroons
- Salt: 1/4 tsp
- Vegan sugar: 1/4 cup
- Sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut: 2 cups
- Dried Apricot: 1/2 cup
- Gluten free flour: 2 tbsp
- Sugar: 1/3 cup (if using the unsweetened coconut)
- Vanilla: 1 tsp
- Non dairy milk: 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring the milk, salt and sweetener to a boil, then whisk in the flour. Allow to boil for another 2 minutes, then reduce temp to med/low. Continue to cook until it becomes a mixture just a bit thinner than a pudding.
- Stir in the vanilla, then the coconut and excess sugar
- Make rounded balls with a teaspoon, and place them on the cookie sheet
- Bake for approx 15-16 minutes
You can then sprinkle or roll them in some cinnamon or shredded coconut & voila! Sweet, sweet macaroons 😉