I love veggie burgers! I don’t have them alot, but when I do I like to try new things 🙂 This recipe is dedicated to my dear, sweet ‘n’ lovely Momsie. Her favorite thing is sweet potatoes and I know she’d love these bad boys!
2 cans drained organic white beans
1 large sweet potato, baked/peeled/mashed (about 2 cups)
2 tbsp tahini
2 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
1/4 cup gluten free flour
handful of gluten free bread crumbs crumbs
safflower oil for pan
burgers: avocado, Dijon mustard, gluten free buns, romaine, onion, olive oil, pepper
1. Bake sweet potato. Peel, place in large mixing bowl.
2. Add drained beans to mixing bowl. Mash beans and potato together.
3. Mash in seasoning, flour and any additional seasoning. Your mixture will be quite soft and moist. But you should be able to form a patty. Add more flour or a scoop of breadcrumbs – or dry rice to thicken the mixture if needed.
4. Heat 1 tbsp safflower oil in a pan over high heat.
5. Form a patty from mixture and coat in bread crumbs. Thick coating. Then drop the patty in the pan. Repeat until the pan is filled. Cook until browned on both sides. You could also bake. If baking, use less bread crumbs.
6. Transfer cooked patties to paper towel. Cool for a few minutes.
7. Serve on toasted bun with lotsa toppings!