Cookies! Cookies! COOKIES! Delicious, fresh, warm, right out of the oven cookies. Need I say more?
(Ps. They are vegan & gluten free!)
Peanut Butter Banana Chip Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
- 2 bananas, browned completely
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons softened non-dairy margarine or coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup superfine brown rice flour
- 2/3 cup sorghum flour
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup non-dairy chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 350 F.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the bananas and peanut butter along with the sugar and margarine until smooth. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the baking powder through the potato starch, mixing well. Gradually add the flour mixture into the banana mixture until a clumpy dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips.
Form into 1 inch– slightly flattened–mounds and place about 1 1/2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 16 minutes and then let cool completely before enjoying. And then, well, enjoy!