Energy bites are simply a fantastic invention. They are quick, easy, and oh so tasty. These ones are lovely too because it’s like eating mini apple pies, that are actually good for you! Imagine that.
Raw Apple Pie Energy Bites
(Vegan & GF)
- 1 1/2 cups medjool dates, soaked & pitted
- 1 cup dried apple rings
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup whole roasted flax seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Soak your dates in warm water for a couple of minutes. This will aid in the pitting process and make it easier. Once you dates have soaked, drain them and pit them all.
- Place your pitted dates into a food processor with your apple rings and process on high until they come together.
- Add in your almonds, cashews, flax seeds and cinnamon. Process on high again for a couple of minutes until a sticky dough like mixture has formed and your nuts and seeds have broken down quite a bit.
- After everything has come together, you can use your hands to form the dough into balls. I like to make mine about a tablespoon each.
- Place them in the freezer for an hour or so to allow them to firm up, then enjoy!